This is my very first blog post, so I thought I’d share how I start almost every day.
Isn’t she a beaut?
My beloved avocado egg toast has been my go-to breakfast for months now. It packed with good-for-you healthy fats, protein, and fiber to keep you full and energized all morning. Best of all, it can be prepared and eaten in 10 minutes flat!
And just because I gotta share my dietitian fun facts…
- Avocado is an excellent source of monounsaturated fat, rich in cholesterol-lowering compounds, and aids in the absorption of certain vitamins and plant compounds.
- Eggs are a cheap source of high-quality protein, linked to eye health, and are a top source of choline—needed for brain health
Here’s the super simple recipe:
Avocado Egg Toast
Makes 1 serving
- 1 slice whole-grain bread
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp D.a.T. sauce or hot sauce
- Heat non-stick skillet to high, adding non-stick cooking spray or a little olive oil.
- Place bread in toaster.
- Add egg to skillet and let cook until the edges of the egg white become golden brown.
- While egg is cooking, spread ½ an avocado on toasted bread and top with hot sauce.
- Flip egg and let it cook for about a half minute longer, leaving yolk runny.
- Remove from pan and place on top of avocado toast.